You are welcome to come into our church to prayer at any time during daylight hours, and visit our Chapel for private prayer. The Chapel is situated at the end of the corridor to the right when you come in at the front of church. A Prayer Station is available for reflection.
Christians often find it helpful to use their different senses to draw closer to God in stillness and quiet.
- listening to a CD of birdsong, the rustling wind or the sea may remind them of God’s beautiful creation.
- tasting honey may remind them of the sweetness of our loving God.
- holding a rough stone may remind them of the hard times they may have experienced. They may ask God to help them make sense of those experiences
- the smell of incense may remind them of their prayers rising to heaven.
- looking at the light of a candle may remind them of Jesus, the Light of the World.
There will always be something like this in the Chapel, with some words to help you use it in reflection and prayer. Come and see, smell, touch, hear or taste!
These three prayer stations each reflected a phrase in the Lord’s Prayer.