Jean Radley writes:
From 2016 our Archbishops’ call to prayer during the days between Ascension Day and Pentecost has gained momentum and is now a worldwide event. The 2021 plans were unveiled some weeks ago and include programmes for all ages. Those who have children/grandchildren will love the Cheeky Pandas! Please let them know about it.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will:
- Deepen their own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for 5 friends or family to come to faith in Jesus.
- Pray for the empowerment of the Spirit that we would be effective in our witness.
Do look at all the possibilities on line at: https://www.thykingdomcome.global
There’s so much which we can become involved with and there is a journal for everyone and a map for families.
Most of our Kendal events have yet to be finalised, so do please watch out for firm details in our weekly Beacon Team Notice Sheet.
On Ascension Day, Thursday 13 May at 7.30pm there will be a Deanery Service at Kendal Holy Trinity Parish Church. All are welcome.
From Friday 14 May there will be:
- Compline each night at 6pm on Zoom.
- Daily Prayer on Facebook
- An invitation to do Prayer Walks as our daily exercise.
- An invitation to a collective Prayer Walk (at the same time but not together!) at 4pm on Saturday 15 May
- A Prayer Space journey on Zoom each evening at 6pm, lasting 15 minutes and each focusing on a different phrase from The Lord’s Prayer.
I do hope that all our church members will take part in some of these events – and think of five people to pray for during the 11 days.